Sunday 15 January 2012

Part Time Weekend Jobs Vs Online Marketing?

At one point in my life, I actually did consider looking for a weekend job to help support my family. I ultimately decided against it because the money that I would make on a part time basis did not come close to the value that I placed on spending real time with my family.

Working the weekend jobs did not meet my simple criteria:

- Would I be able to spend as much time as possible watching my children grow up?

- Would working weekend jobs grow into something more where I would develop an additional skill set and ultimately become more marketable?

- Was the money that I would make with these weekend jobs really worth my time?

- Would I be able to leverage my time or would I be working simply dollars for hours?

With a growing family a mortgage, retirement, & funding our kids education were and continue to be our highest priorities dollars wise. When I decided to find a way to make additional income, I weighted the pros & cons of starting an internet marketing business. Some of the questions that I asked myself included:

- What type of initial investment would I need in order to be successful?

Most internet marketers start out very simply with a few tools; wordpress blog, hosting account, autoresponder, and some basic sweat equity. As you make money, you can add additional tools but these are the basic tools to start and will cost you a few hundred dollars for the year.

- When could I find time to work my business?

I thought about this and the best time that I could work this business in the beginning was at night after my kids went down. It's usually after 10 at night and I work a few hours. Of course I had to get up early the next day and go to work but it was worth it because I was slowly building an asset and growing my skillset.

- Would I be able to leverage my time after working this internet marketing business hard for a few years?

Yes. After working your internet marketing business part time for a few years and growing your skills, you can begin to earn money on autopilot where you work hard initially but reap the rewards in terms on money for months going forward.

- Are other people successful in this line of business?

Yes. There are a ton of people that are quite successful online and are making healthy living marketing products & services online.

- Would creating an internet marketing business be more valuable in the long run compared to working weekend jobs?

Definitely! Working weekend jobs will give you simple a paycheck but working an internet marketing business online will provide you with an additional skillset and ongoing passive income based on your hard work in the beginning.

- Would I be able to spend more time with my family?

Yes sir! Working an online business will eventually provide you leverage where you can earn income passively, residually, and real time. Leveraging your efforts just makes sense in this ever changing economy.

Really, the name of the game is spending time with your friends and family - not sitting in traffic all day and hating a job. It's about freedom and living life to the fullest.

Now that I have gone thru some of the questions that you need to ask if you were looking for weekend jobs, you might we wondering what internet marketing really is.

Well, let me give you just a few examples that real people make money with each & every day with internet marketing (I don't see many breaking the bank working the weekend jobs):

Network Marketing - you can start a network marketing business and focus on marketing your products & services online. The initial investment for many network marketing businesses is $500 or less so to start your own business is very reasonable. You can easily recoup your initial investment within the 1st month.
Amazon Affiliate Marketer - you can become an affiliate with amazon.com and market their products & services. Very simply, you create mini-web sites where you talk about products (like a product review) and then include a link to Amazon. You can make roughly 4%-8% off of the sale price. Many people create websites online and promote these products and make a full time income.
Clickbank Affiliate Marketer - when you become an affiliate (its free) with Clickbank, you have access to hundreds of products that you can promote online and earn a commission. For most products today, you can earn easily between 50% - 75% of the sale price of the product. Products are digital in nature so the customer will get the product immediately (e-books, video, audio).

Hopefully this helps and points you in the right direction (hint: away from the weekend jobs...)

To learn more about the Freedom Solution and marketing tools to help with your business plan, go to my blog at The Real Freedom Solution.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment